Monday, March 3, 2014

Daddy, please buy me a DSLR. Yeah, those heavy cameras you have to manoeuvre with both hands, twirling its fancy snouts with an attention that is directly proportionate to the seskiness of the passing boy/girl. And I promise, I will visit Kumortuli at the drop of Autumn. I will take pictures of ALL the pandals in the city with ALL its deities. I will pay equal attention to ALL the insects sitting on the faeces of ALL species. I will make optimum use of the zoom and the Macro facilities on the camera and make the mundane 'phuchka' look like Jupiter. I will have at least a dozen pictures of women in red-white sarees, their faces smeared with 'sindoor'. I will use the self-timer and take pictures with my friends outside the pandals holding up bottles of beer. In short, I swear I will conform, for now and forever, to ALL visual cliches.
And I promise, I won't even ask you, what DSLR stands for.

No comments: